Want a food job? Reach out by 11/18/21. Tye is getting tired ;)
Pumpkin Village Foods is a small food distribution fiercely dedicated to improving the local food infrastructure – often in ways that go above and beyond the balance sheet. We are deeply integrated into the NW Vermont food system and love bringing these great products from nearly 20 producers to about 80 retail locations in VT and NYC.
As both a producer and collaborator, we understand the dynamic nature of agriculture, food production, and distribution in a way that strengthens the bond between production and retail that many distributors do not.
This team of two is looking to add a third or even fourth person in order to continue our customer driven work. If you are interested in joining our team – we would be excited to learn from you and integrate your skills into the company needs.
Pay would start at $18 per hour with opportunity to increase quickly, depending on performance. There is between 8 and 25 hours of work per week available depending on candidate interest and time of year.
Our Pumpkin Village hierarchy of needs are –
- Executing the VT delivery loop every Friday. This is a 9 or 10 hour load up and delivery loop (CDL not needed). Starting and ending in either Burlington or Fairfield.
- Assistance canning syrup. This job can be social with Seth or independent. Ideally some of both! No experience needed.
- Chittenden County pick-up and delivery loop Thursday. 2 to 4 hours.
- Assistance with maintaining inventory and warehouse management.
- Maintain / Update spreadsheet to track expenses and hours for all members of the company for accounting and business planning purposes.
- Website and social media content and maintenance.
- Seasonal tasks related to equipment maintenance, carpentry, maple sugaring, gardening, grazing management, and more as opportunities present themselves.
- Other tasks to streamline, improve, and grow the company.
The ideal candidate or candidates will be self-motivated, able to think on their feet, and make decisions independently.
Near term goals of this business are –
- To continue to grow at a manageable rate.
- To continue improving standard operating procedures so that most roles can be covered by all members of the company.
- Following completion of quickbooks clean up and updated business plan – we will pursue restructuring the business with either profit sharing or employee ownership.
To learn more please submit your resume, simple cover letter, and two references to Seth by November 18th. Seth – [email protected] or call 802.825.7982
If you are not local (or even if you are!) and want a little getaway – there is a 14′ x 16′ insulated building with a woodstove – and access to an entire kitchen in a separate building if there is interest in both the syrup canning and Friday delivery position.